Click to enlarge
THE PARISH OF BALLYNACLOGH
BALLYNACLOGH or DOLLARDSTOWN, a parish, in the barony of COONAGH, county of LIMERICK, and province of MUNSTER, 1 ½ mile (N. by W.) from Pallas-Greine, on the road from Limerick to Tipperary; containing 211 inhabitants. The land is everywhere of good quality, being mostly based on limestone. It is a rectory, in the diocese of Emly, forming the corps of the prebend of Ballynaclogh in the cathedral of Emly, and one of the rectories that constitute the union of Dromkeen and corps of the archdeaconry of Emly: the tithes amount to £46. In the R. C. divisions it is within the union of Greine, or Pallas-Greine; the chapel is situated in the little village of Nicker.
A Topographical Dictionary of Ireland, Samuel Lewis (1837)