F, b. 1857, d. December 29, 1945
|Father*||John Ryan2 b. March 2, 1819, d. January 31, 1890|
Johanna Ryan was born in 1857 in Wyoming, Stark County, Illinois.3 She was the daughter of John Ryan and Winnie Ryan.2 Johanna Ryan married Jeremiah Day, son of Darby Day and Johanna Murnane, on January 29, 1883 in Camp Grove, Marshall County, Illinois. Standing up for the couple were Matthew and Mary Ryan.1 Johanna Ryan died on December 29, 1945 in Grant Township, Jefferson, Greene County, Iowa. Johanna was a devout member of St. Joseph's Parish. Although she was a semi-invalid for years, she was able to attend church up until a few weeks before her death.4 She was buried on January 2, 1946 in St. Mary Cemetery, Greene County, Iowa. Casket bearers were Morris Day, LeLane Day, Earle Day, LeRoy Garrity, Francis Garrity and Marion Garrity. The Mass was celebrated at St. Jospeh's Church in Jefferson, Iowa, by Father A. E. Zimmermann.4
Children of Johanna Ryan and Jeremiah Day
- John Jeremiah Day+ b. December 29, 1883, d. February 22, 1976
- Agnes Day+ b. March, 1884, d. 1962
- Leo Francis Day b. April, 1886, d. 1909
- Daniel Joseph Day b. March, 1889, d. November 4, 1958
- James Day+ b. April, 1892, d. March 5, 1975
- Mary Celestine Day b. July, 1894, d. December 24, 1935
- Raymond Day+ b. January, 1897, d. 1983
- Earl William Day+ b. 1900, d. April 23, 1981
|Charts||Pater Familias O'Dea Descendant Chart (Indented)|
Thomas (Darby) O'Dea Descendant Chart (Indented)
|Last Edited||1 Feb 2021|
- [S10] County Clerk's Office, Vital Records Marshall County.
- [S162] Roots Ireland and Ancestry.com, online http://www.rootsireland.ie and https://www.ancestry.com/search/
- [S463] Iowa, U.S., Death Records, 1920-1967, online https://familysearch.org, Johanna's birth location is mentioned in the death record of her daughter Celestine.
- [S251] St. Joseph Catholic Church, Church Records for St. Joseph Catholic Church, Deaths (January 1933 - January 1982).
- [S250] June 7, 1900 Census Record, Provo, Utah, Page: 3; Enumeration District: 0081; FHL microfilm: 124043.
- [S591] January 1, 1905 Census Record, Provo, Utah, Microfilm of Iowa State Censuses, 1856, 1885, 1895, 1905, 1915, 1925 as well various special censuses from 1836-1897 obtained from the State Historical Society of Iowa via Heritage Quest.
- [S252] April 18, 1910 Census Record, Provo, Utah, Roll: T624_403; Page: 2B; Enumeration District: 0094; FHL microfilm: 137441.
- [S253] February 27, 1920 Census Record, Provo, Utah, Roll: T625_491; Page: 6B; Enumeration District: 104.
- [S254] April 4, 1930 Census Record, Provo, Utah, Page: 3A; Enumeration District: 0012; FHL microfilm: 2340391.
- [S590] April 8, 1930 Census Record, Provo, Utah, Roll: m-t0627-01162; Page: 6A; Enumeration District: 37-12.