Catherine Celestine Day
F, b. February 9, 1910, d. June 24, 1937
|Father*||John Jeremiah Day b. December 29, 1883, d. February 22, 1976|
|Mother*||Carrie Frances Walsh b. 1880, d. March 6, 1967|
Catherine Celestine Day was born on February 9, 1910 in Franklin Township, Greene County, Iowa.1 She was the daughter of John Jeremiah Day and Carrie Frances Walsh. Catherine Celestine Day died on June 24, 1937 in Dawson Township, Greene County, Iowa, at age 27. Catherine died after a long illness of endocarditis and complications. She had suffered from youth, but had improved as she grew older. She was attacked again in November of 1936 and had to move home with her parents from Carroll, Iowa, where she was a nurse. She"died at 8:30 am after a few hours of illness caused by a heart ailment. She had been in apparent good health for the last few weeks of her life and the evening before her death attended a picnic with a group of friends at Squirrel Hollow. She went to bed about 11:30 pm, but awoke her parents a few hours later with coughing. A doctor was called and she appeared to respond to treatment; she went back to sleep in the early morning. Her father found her about 5:00 am in distress and further efforts by the doctor were unsuccessful."2,3 She was buried in St. Mary Cemetery, Greene County, Iowa.4
|Charts||Pater Familias O'Dea Descendant Chart (Indented)|
Thomas (Darby) O'Dea Descendant Chart (Indented)
|Last Edited||2 Feb 2021|
- [S251] St. Joseph Catholic Church, Church Records for St. Joseph Catholic Church.
- [S463] Iowa, U.S., Death Records, 1920-1967, online https://familysearch.org, Although the death certificate gives Catherine's place of residence as Jeffereson, she was living with her parents on a farm north of town near Paton.
- [S251] St. Joseph Catholic Church, Church Records for St. Joseph Catholic Church, Deaths (January 1933 - January 1982).
- [S214] Find a Grave, online http://www.findagrave.com, (accessed 02 February 2021), memorial page for Catherine C. Day (1910–1937), Find a Grave Memorial no. 131494348, citing Saint Mary's Cemetery, Cooper, Greene County, Iowa, USA ; Maintained by Bethalene (contributor 47629116).
- [S256] April 29, 1910 Census Record, Provo, Utah, Roll: T624_403; Page: 4B; Enumeration District: 0096; FHL microfilm: 1374416.
- [S258] February 24, 1920 Census Record, Provo, Utah, Roll: T625_491; Page: 5A; Enumeration District: 104.
- [S594] April 17, 1930 Census Record, Provo, Utah, Page: 30B; Enumeration District: 0037; FHL microfilm: 2340422.