Cleo Vernon Day
M, b. July 12, 1916, d. September 2, 1948
|Father*||James Day b. April, 1892, d. March 5, 1975|
|Mother*||Mary Alice Walker d. 1982|
Cleo Vernon Day was born on July 12, 1916 in Franklin Township, Greene County, Iowa.1 He was the son of James Day and Mary Alice Walker. Cleo Vernon Day married Lorraine Jones on November 2, 1933 in Scranton, Greene County, Iowa.2 Cleo Vernon Day died on September 2, 1948 in Cass Township, Boone, Boone County, Iowa, at age 32. Cleo committed suicide near Boone, Iowa. He had sufferred severely from a medical ailment that had been treated once in a hospital. He told Pete Garrity that he would never return to the hospital for a second round of treatments because of the pain it caused.1 He was buried in St. Mary Cemetery, Greene County, Iowa.3
Children of Cleo Vernon Day and Lorraine Jones
|Charts||Pater Familias O'Dea Descendant Chart (Indented)|
Thomas (Darby) O'Dea Descendant Chart (Indented)
|Last Edited||2 Dec 2021|
- [S463] Iowa, U.S., Death Records, 1920-1967, online https://familysearch.org
- [S435] Iowa, U.S., Marriage Records, 1880-1951, online Ancestry.com.
- [S214] Find a Grave, online http://www.findagrave.com, (accessed 05 February 2021), memorial page for Cleo Vernon Day (12 Jul 1916–2 Sep 1948), Find a Grave Memorial no. 126518828, citing Saint Mary's Cemetery, Cooper, Greene County, Iowa, USA ; Maintained by Peggy Cassady Harris (contributor 46977783).
- [S299] February 11, 1920 Census Record, Provo, Utah, Roll: T625_491; Page: 3A; Enumeration District: 104.
- [S620] April 10, 1940 Census Record, Provo, Utah, Page: 4B; Enumeration District: 0004; FHL microfilm: 2340391.
- [S615] April 4, 1940 Census Record, Provo, Utah, Roll: m-t0627-01195; Page: 2B; Enumeration District: 100-71.
- [S619] May 4, 1940 Census Record, Provo, Utah, Roll: m-t0627-01162; Page: 6A; Enumeration District: 37-4.
- [S53] Iowa Births and Christenings, 1830-1950, online https://www.ancestry.com/
- [S616] Cleo Ronald Day Social Security Death Index, by Social Security Administration.